100 Day Project Mini 10 | Days 91-100 "Catching Dreams"
Alongside my main 100 Day Project (where I added one element to the same piece of paper for 100 days), I created 5x7 minis as a way to capture every 10 marks!
Each day when I made my mark on my main project, I did the same thing on my mini and began a new mini every 10 days. It was a way to highlight the different techniques and elements that were added (since a lot of the markings--especially the early ones--get covered or altered as the project progresses) and it was also an exploration in scale and creating in a shorter time frame.
I had so much fun making each of these minis and they have become so special to me! I hope you enjoy them as well!
The first prompt I used for this piece was "serenity" and it reminded me of peaceful sleep which reminded me of dreamcatchers. Dreamcatchers were created by the Ojibwe to catch bad dreams and let good dreams pass through.
The theme of serenity and catching dreams continued to flow through the final days of my 100 Day Project and I kept the color palette to blues, greys, and gold. Creating and sharing art is my dream, what's yours? I hope this mini inspires you to keep on chasing and catching those dreams!
"Catching Dreams" includes the final marks from days 91-100 (!) using the following tools and techniques:
91. Watercolor & Washi Tape Blocking
92. Dripping Drops Of Gold Paint Infused Water
93. Adding Textured Cloud Shapes With A Palette Knife
94. Using A Cut Out To Make A Lacy Imprint
95. Filling In Negative Space With Gold Embroidery Thread
96. Using My Less Dominant Hand (Left) To Add Watercolor
97. Dipping Marker Colored Paper Into Water
98. Using A Fruit Wrapper To Create A Criss Cross Pattern
99. Adding Shadow With Marker & Water
100. Adding Richness With Gold Leaf Accents
- Measures 5" x 7"
- Mixed media on 140 lb heavyweight watercolor paper
- Signed on the back
- Carefully packaged and ships in a non-bendable mailer
- There is only one of this mixed media piece in the world!
Colors may vary slightly due to different monitors & setting.
View my entire Mixed Media 100 Day Project Collection here.
ART FOR A CAUSE:
A portion of proceeds from this piece will be donated to Indigenous Roots to support their mission in building, supporting and cultivating opportunities for Native, Black, Brown and Indigenous peoples through cultural arts and activism.
Orders are packaged with care and typically ship within 1-3 business days. Orders over $65 ship for free within the US! Please view all shipping policies here.